Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day weekend!

Just got the call from the automated system that there is a 2 hour school delay today.  I woke up around 3 am and it was very foggy.  I couldn't see the mall from my balcony window.  It is still a little foggy now at 6am but I guess the country roads are worse than here in town.  Lots of children are probably excited to start their school year and will be disappointed to have a 2 hour delay.  It means that school will start at 11 am....then lunch is at 11:30.....it will be a strange and short day.

My Labor Day weekend was fun.
Saturday was just another Saturday....ran some errands and loafed around the apartment.  Sunday was a cook out at my daughter's.  It was also a celebration for her finance, Chuck, who just graduated from nurses training at the University.  Now he will take the test and get his license in about six weeks.  I wonder why they make them wait the six weeks?  Anyway, it was a great party and there was about 50 people there....the food was good and there were 4 cakes.  Needless to say my daughter sent me home with a couple of pieces (which I didn't really NEED) and a cup of the taco salad which was delicious.  Sad to say, although I made sure my camera was in my purse, I completely forgot to take it out and take pictures.  Didn't even think of it until I was on my way home.  Bad me.

Yesterday I got up early and headed out to meet up with my gal friends, Vicki, Gratia, and Deb.  We went to South Haven, MI and enjoyed the beach and shops there.  Deb refused to have her picture taken but here is one of Gratia, Vicki and me.

Here is the beach (this is early in the day...later it got real crowded)


and here is Gratia...slattering on the sun protection
and of coure, here is the lighthouse....

I hope you all had a good holiday and as much fun as I did.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I loved the pictures of the beach:-) Congrats to your daughter's finance on graduating from nurses training! Wishing him luck on his exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful time this weekend. I love the beach pictures I miss the great lakes! I like the red lighthouse!

    Congratulations to Chuck on his graduation wishing him and your daughter the best always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! The cookout sounds like it was great fun and a nice celebration for your daughter's fiance's graduation! Beach time with the girlfriends is always a blast. Great photo, Ruth! Wishing you a good week. Hope the fog is done for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good holiday weekend you had. It is good to have girlfriend time from time to time. Loved the pictures. Hope school starts on time for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth... I've been reading all your blogs on here and enjoyed them totally. Thank you for adding me to your 'circle'. I also love the part of MI you referred to. Living here in OH, I've been to Lake MI and the beaches a few times. Always enjoy it. It sounds like you had a great holiday weekend. Isn't it funny how every year when school starts it gets foggy and they have to face those 2-hr. delays? It wasn't foggy last week. It baffles me. hahaha
    Take care and I hope to get to know you more and share our thoughts. And pictures. I love pictures. :)
    -- Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Thanks for adding me too. I am new here on Blogger even though years ago I signed up but then I found Multiply and was blogging on there. They are closing Multiply so some of us are over here now. I see you are from Ohio...I was born and raised in Ohio...lived South of Youngstown Ohio on a farm. I moved to Michigan when I got married and stayed. I hope to get to know you too.....thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  6. Hey girl!! Haven't heard from you in a while, just checking to see how you are doing? Are you ready for the holidays? I can't believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete