Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another snowy day

Good morning!

Well, it is another snowy day here in my little town in Michigan.  Big fat flakes are coming down at
a rapid pace.  I haven't even checked the weather, just tried to decide what to do today.  I have laundry and a box of papers to sort out.  But I discovered a new website where I could publish my stories for review by whoever.  Yes, I also like to write.  So I decided to post a few on this site.  You will find them as tabs on my home page.  Let me know what you think of them.

My other project for today will be to work on my newest painting.  The last ones were pastels on paper.  This one is acrylic on canvas.  It is a work in progress and a challenge for sure.  I will post a pic when it is looking better...right now I only have put in the background.  I was kind of discouraged about doing this art show project.....maybe, I thought, it is too ambitious a plan for a 66 year old lady.  Maybe too ambitious for someone who has never shown her art to people.  Maybe I should just give up?  Then last night I was watching my favorite funny show...The Big Bang Theory...when all of a sudden my television automatically switched channels to Joyce Meyer.  She was talking about the Bible verse that says we, as Christians,  can do all things though Christ who strengthen us.  She said that if grocery stores sold miracles in a can we would probably all go to the grocery store and buy a case.  Then she said that miracles came in cans...I CAN.  not in I CAN'T's.  So many times she repeated I can, I can, I can.  She went on to say that we need to believe we can, to speak it, and to do it.  Then we have our miracle.  So I am just saying that I can...and you can too...in whatever you have always wanted to accomplish.  I guess I was meant to watch that show.

Now to get ready to do that laundry...have a great day and stay warm!!

5 comments:

  1. Philippians 4:13 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad your TV switched channels? I'd very much like to see your art work and promise to check out your stories when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I've just read your stories! You are so creative, my friend! You paint, and now we know you have a way with words, too! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..if that wasn't a direct message you received, I don't know what is! That is awesome! I'm so tired of this snow. Is it ever going to end? I'm off to read your stories! Have a great week, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete