Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Did you get a chance to sleep in today?

I had the opportunity but why is it that on the mornings when we can sleep in our eyes pop open and no way can we go back to sleep?  That's how it was for me this morning.

So I went through my two bags of stuff that I brought home from school yesterday.  Here is something I will share with you.  At the beginning of the year the teacher had the students draw a self portrait of themselves.  A couple of days ago she had them make another self portrait.  After completing the second one she passed out the ones from the beginning of the year.  Since I am a star pupil here is a picture of mine.

 
 
 
This year the kids gave me a new name.....Grandcracker.....(please ignore the date on the pic...I can never get the setting right on my Kodak).
 
 
Here are some pictures I took of my flowers and plants on the balcony....
 
 
 
and my tomato plant...
 
 

     I was so happy with my little tomatoes already coming out until I glanced over to my neightbor's
    balcony....

 
as you can see...she had huge tomotoes and hers are already turning red.  Do you
think she will share?
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures from the beginning and ending of this school year, and your flowers are so bright and pretty....your tomatoes will come...but maybe she will share one until yours do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, and I LOVE Grandcracker! LOL That is just perfect. I know the kids just love you, Ruth. Let us know how your tomato plant progresses, and tell us if your neighbor shares with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that name--Grandcracker! Your tomatoes will be very happy in their containers! I love your pretty flowers too! I planted begonias and they are not as cheery and bright as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks great.. Just a week or so behind.. which will give you yummy tomatoes a week or so behind your neighbors.. And I sure do hope she shares with you.... LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the comments....I loved it when they called me grandcracker.....made me unique to them...I will sure miss them --I do already.
    I will probably have to supplement my tomatoes at the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The self portrait is such a great idea! I love yours! And, your nickname, Grandcracker, is so cute! Did your neighbor end up sharing?

    ReplyDelete