Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Toledo Zoo


Sunday evening my two friends came and picked me up and took me to the Toledo Zoo Lights before Christmas.  It was wonderful!  Above is a picture of a very large tree.  It could be seen from almost anywhere in the zoo.  I forget the number of lights in it but altogether in the whole zoo there was over 70 miles of Christmas lights strung.  Of course we did get a chance to see a few of the zoo animals.  Most were hiding in the dark, I think.  I saw a snow leopard licking up some water.....and some Siberian Tigers sleeping, some penguins standing like statues and some elephants pacing...  All in all it was a very nice night to walk the zoo...temps in the 50's.  Very unusual weather for Michigan.  We are still without snow...will we get any before Christmas? 

Next week by this time I will be in Florida visiting my daughter and her family....so maybe I won't see snow until January. 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend....I sure did!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, visiting the zoo, seeing the lights and the few animals too. So you decided you are going to Florida...so no snow for you til after the holidays. Have fun and enjoy your daughter and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree looks amazing! Nice that you had such good weather for a walk through the zoo. I'm excited that you decided to come to Florida, and hope we can work in a visit while you are here! Keep me posted, please, and maybe we can figure something out!

    ReplyDelete